This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
Who should attend
This class is intended for the following:
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Familiarity with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Make basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Make basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
- Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Module 3: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Module 4: Storage in the Cloud
- Module 5: Containers in the Cloud
- Module 6: Applications in the Cloud
- Module 7: Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud