Who should attend
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with Virtual SAN
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course
- Outline the tasks for upgrading from Virtual SAN 5 to Virtual SAN 6.
- Identify the different Virtual SAN features.
- Configure the Virtual SAN networking components.
- Plan, Design and Configure a Virtual SAN cluster.
- Identify benefits of storage policies.
- Configure virtual machine storage policies.
- Deploy virtual machines on a Virtual SAN datastore
- Identify Storage Area Network (SAN) performance factors.
- Identify storage architectures.
- Describe the Virtual SAN architecture.
- Identify Virtual SAN use cases.
- Perform ongoing Virtual SAN management tasks.
- Use the Ruby vSphere Console (RVC).
- Monitor Virtual SAN with Virtual SAN Observer.
This training course focuses on preparing you to deploy and manage a software-defined storage solution with VMware® Virtual SAN™ 6. VMware Virtual SAN 6: Deploy and Manage looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs. The course is based on the VMware® ESXi™ 6 , VMware® vCenter Server™ 6 and VMware Virtual SAN 6.