Who should attend
Administrators, operators, architects, and implementation engineers
For a successful learning experience, NetApp recommends that you know the following concepts before you attend the course.
Cloud computing concepts: Cloud characteristics, service delivery methods, and cloud deployment models
Networking concepts and definitions: Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) and network address translation (NAT)
Azure concepts: Subscriptions, VNet, virtual machines (VMs), Azure storage accounts, and Azure Blob storage
- Describe how NetApp technologies can be used to build your data fabric
- Configure a VNet and connect it to an on-premises data center with VPN Internet Protocol security (IPsec)
- Describe Cloud Volumes ONTAP architecture
- Install a Connector and deploy Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Explain basic system administration tasks with Cloud Manager
- Copy data between an ONTAP based system and Cloud Volumes ONTAP for Azure for disaster recovery
- Use data tiering to Azure Blob storage for Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Use Cloud Volumes ONTAP as persistent storage for Kubernetes containers
- Identify performance and sizing options for Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Learn to implement a hybrid cloud solution with Microsoft Azure by using NetApp® Cloud Volumes ONTAP®. Connect an Azure Virtual Network (VNet) and an on-premises data center to unify your infrastructure. Use NetApp Cloud Manager to move data and manage storage in the hybrid cloud. Learn about how NetApp cloud services are integrated into Cloud Manager to provide persistent storage for Kubernetes containers and enhance data protection, security, and compliance. Learn to optimize capacity and performance of Cloud Volumes ONTAP.