Who should attend
- Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases.
- Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL and relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following course. Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (20461)
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data.
- Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.
This course teaches students to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. Students will learn how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.