This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Skype for Business solution. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging (IM), conferencing, enterprise voice, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in the infrastructure.
This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business but does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Teams or Skype for Business Online as well as how to migrate from previous versions of Skype for Business Server. This course helps the students prepare for Exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions is beneficial but not required for students taking this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft 365.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are planning to take the exam 70- 334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015 as a stand-alone exam or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Communications certification exam.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- Minimum of two years of experience working with AD DS
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture of Skype for Business and design a Skype for Business topology.
- Install and implement Skype for Business Server.
- Administer and manage Skype for Business Server by using the various available tools.
- Design and implement clients and users in Skype for Business.
- Implement conferencing in Skype for Business Server.
- Design and implement additional conferencing options.
- Design and implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business.
- Design and implement connectivity for external users and organizations.
- Implement Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server.
- Plan and implement high availability in Skype for Business.
- Design and implement disaster recovery scenarios for Skype for Business.
- Design and deploy Skype for Business hybrid.
- Plan and implement a migration to Skype for Business Server 2019 or Microsoft Teams.
- Design and architecture of Skype for Business Server
- Installing and Implementing Skype for Business Server
- Administering Skype for Business Server
- Configuring Users and Clients in Skype for Business
- Configuring and Implementing Conferencing in Skype for Business
- Implementing Additional Conferencing Options in Skype for Business Server
- Designing and Implementing Monitoring and Archiving in Skype for Business
- Deploying Skype for Business External Access
- Implementing Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server
- Implementing High Availability in Skype for Business
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business
- Implementing a Skype for Business Server and Office 365 Hybrid Deployment
- Planning and Implementing a Migration to Skype for Business Server or Microsoft Teams