Quién debería asistir
- Enterprise messaging managers and system administrators
- Email system designers and architects
- Network managers responsible for messaging implementation
Este curso es parte de las siguientes Certificaciones:
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including IP addressing and sub-netting, static IP routing, DNS, and a very basic knowledge of the TCP protocol.
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message formatting and body parts.
- Strong familiarity both with AsyncOS command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) configuration of devices.
Objetivos del curso
This comprehensive, three-day training course provides a thorough foundation on how to successfully install, configure, and administrate IronPort email security appliances. Attendees receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on:
- How to deploy IronPort email security appliances in a typical enterprise email environment, including “best practices” for installation, configuration, and system administration.
- How to manage, monitor, troubleshoot and track the flow of email through IronPort email security appliances.
- How to configure access control policies to eliminate threats at the perimeter, based on the identity and trustworthiness of the sender.
- How to create content filters to implement and enforce corporate email policies and address such issues as identity theft and protecting financial information.
- How to configure IronPort email security appliances to detect and handle unwanted spam and viruses.
- How to manage Quarantines and Bounce Profiles.
- How to create Safe List / Block List
- How to generate, schedule and interpret reports.
- How to authenticate email with DKIM and SPF
- How to secure your email with Cisco Registered Envelope Service
Extensive lab exercises provide attendees with critical hands-on experience with installing, configuring and administrating IronPort email security appliances. At the end of the course, attendees will possess a working knowledge of how to use IronPort email security appliances to successfully manage, track and troubleshoot email traffic entering and leaving the enterprise network. Attendees will also learn about Internet email concepts and standards, and will receive an overview of other product features that can be used for more customized configurations.
Contenido del curso
- IronPort Product/Technology Overview
- Installation & Configuration
- Installation Planning
- System Setup & Configuration
- Defining Sender & Recipient Groups
- Configuring Listeners
- Mail Flow Policies
- Host Access Table
- Recipient Access Table
- SMTP Routes
- Recognize IronPorts Approach to Stop SPAM
- Configure and Use Sender Base Reputation Scores
- Configure and Use the Content Adaptive Scanning Engine
- Anti-Virus & Virus Outbreak Filters
- Enable one or both Anti-Virus Engines
- Use one or both AV Engines in Mail Policies
- Use Virus Outbreak Filters for Zero Hour protection
- Policy Enforcement
- Create User-Based Mail Policies
- Identify Message Splintering
- Describe Centralized Tracking & Reporting
- Implement Message Tracking
- Quarantines & Delivery Methods
- Create and manage quarantines
- Assign Administrative Users to Quarantines
- Assign Bounce Profiles
- Create Virtual Gateways
- Content Filters
- Describe content scanning
- Configure embedded object detection
- Detect password-protected / non-protected attachments
- Use Smart Identifiers
- Email Encryption
- Configure an Encryption Profile
- Provision with the Cisco Registered Envelope Service
- Provision with a Local Key Server
- Associate a content filtering rule with an “Encrypt” action
- Identify Issues
- Diagnose and Isolate Problems
- Troubleshooting tools and best practices
- Log file contents and log administration
- System Administration
- Support tools
- System backup and recovery
- Software upgrades
- Message Filters (Advanced Policy)
- Email Authentication