Who should attend
- Persons interested in understanding NetApp Storage System technologies and their integration with VMware’s ESX/vSphere environments.
- Those responsible for maintaining a constant virtualization infrastructure while communication with NetApp storage.
- Storage administrators with working environments of virtualization or in the process of planning a virtual configuration.
Knowledge on NetApp Storage Systems, VMware Virtualization, Linux and Windows Servers.
This course covers the installation, configuration, and administration of an ESX/vSphere Server and focuses on optimal connectivity on NetApp Storage Systems using FCP, iSCSI, and NFS. Backup and Restore of VMware ESX/vSphere Server storage LUNs with ESX and NetApp are also covered, as is the planning and operation of VMware ESX Server and NetApp Storage Systems in a high availability scenario. Provide practical scenarios for implementing ESX/vSphere on NetApp utilizing utilities from both environments.
- Overview of the VMware virtualization concepts
- Basic configuration of the VMware ESX Server and the VMs
- Virtualization concepts for networking in VMware
- Configuration and implementation of Standard and Distributed Virtual Switches within vSphere
- NetApp networking best practices including VIFs and trunking concepts
- Storage concepts and availability in vSphere NetApp environment
- Planning, installation and configuration of FCP, NFS, and iSCSI in the VM Kernel
- Overview and configuration of NetApp ESX/vSphere Host Utility Kit (HUK) for FCP & iSCSI
- Configuration recommendations for VMs running in VMFS Datastores
- Best practices for vSphere deployment and intelligent caching using NetApp PAM cards
- Backup scenarios including NetApp SnapDrive 2.6, Snap Manager for Virtual Infrastructure, SnapMirror, SnapVault, OSSV and MetroCluster.
- Installation and configuration of NetApp Virtual Console for storage mining and collecting data
- Rapid Cloning Utility for rapid VM deployment on NetApp storage
- High availability scenarios
- Monitoring and system management
- Give the student a better understanding of how to deploy a virtualized infrastructure within a NetApp environment.
- To have a firm comprehension of VMware services, protocols and connectivity.
- Utilization of NetApp virtualization applications to ensure proper functionality and performance for virtual machines.