Deploying Adaptive Wireless Intrusion Protection System (AWIPS)
Resumen del Curso
The AWIPS training is a two-day intensive instructor-led course, covering wireless security fundamentals. Identifying security threats associated with enterprise and branch office deployments. Understanding how RF propagation and attenuation can be optimized to reduce extensive security risks. Deployment optimization, system dependencies, signature and forensic recognition alarm work flow to a centralized management platform like Prime Infrastructure. System hardware requirements, rogue profile design and implementation to identify and mitigate rogue attacks. Knowledge is reinforced by interactive lab exercises using an extensive range of wireless devices and publicly available penetration attack tools.
Quién debería asistir
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Channel field engineers
- Cisco network consulting engineers
- Customer network engineers
- Customer network managers
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cisco Unified Wireless Networking with fundamental knowledge of RF design and propagation.
- Completion of CCNA Wireless or equivalent work experience would be useful.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux networking applications.
Objetivos del curso
- Wireless fundamentals, such as topologies, RF principles, antennae propagation, encryption protocols and security threats associated with enterprise deployments.
- Understanding the differences of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution and the adaptive Wireless Intrusion Protection System. When and where to deploy different modes and types of access point.
- Learn how the interaction of CleanAir, IDS and aWIPS together with the Mobile Services Engine provides a complete security solution.
- Configure and implement the key Cisco Unified Wireless Network security features to mitigate WLAN security threats.
- Work with and define security templates eliminating unnecessary alarms and notifications
- The use of Enhanced Local Mode Access Point(s) – off-channel scanning, extended radio dwell times allowing enhanced attack detection.
- Integrating the Mobility Services Engine (running wIPS Service) – The central point of alarm aggregation from all controllers and their respective wIPS Monitor Mode Access Points. Working with alarm information and forensic files stored on the system for archival purposes.
- Using Prime Infrastructure – Provides the administrator with the means to configure the wIPS Service on the MSE, push wIPS configurations to the controller and set Access Points into wIPS Monitor mode. Viewing wIPS alarms, forensics, reporting and accessing the attack encyclopaedia.
- Perform routine maintenance; network monitoring and common troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco wireless LAN Deploying Cisco Wireless LANs Power Workshop.
Duración 2 días
Idioma de los documentos del curso: Inglés
Por el momento no hay fechas programadas para este curso Solicitud de fecha de entrenamiento